The IQ130 blows up the feature list by including a second food probe and Smartphone connectivity. It uses a long range, Bluetooth Low Energy module to hook up with qSmart, our free simple-to-use app, to make remote monitoring and control a breeze! Program an alarm to let you know when your food is done and your Smartphone wakes you from napping on the couch! Now THAT's how to smoke meat in the 21st century!
Your Android device must be version 4.3 or higher for the app to be installed. iPhones will need to be 4S or later, iPad 3 or later, any iPad Mini, and 5th generation iPods or later when the app does become available.
Our competitors chose WiFi for their communication protocol. Why did we choose Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)? Well, it was easy. Turns out that BLE is more affordable and simpler to use. It was the only way we could sell you a complete Automatic Blower Controller kit with 3 pit/food probes, power supply, and adapter with smartphone connectivity for under $270.
Bluetooth Low Energy is not your father's Bluetooth. I have achieved 720' range (well over 2 football fields!), line of sight over a concrete road. Your mileage will vary as the range is reduced as more obstacles are placed between the IQ and the smartphone.
- Monitor and control your IQ130 via your Smartphone with our free qSmartTM app*1
- High power Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (BLE, Bluetooth Smart) radio with range up to 450 feet*2
- Monitor two food temperatures simultaneously
- Automatically change cooking temperature based on time delay and/or food temps
- Integrated design (patented) keeps blower and electronics in the same enclosure for operational simplicity and protection of blower
- No more melted blowers or sucking up dirt and blowing it into the cooker!
- Variable Speed Blower (VSBTM) technology automatically learns your cooker's air demands (5-15 CFM) - no more choosing a specific blower for a specific cooker!
- Virtual Pitmaster TM logic quickly ramps cooking temperature to desired value
- Adjustable brightness LED display easily seen in the dark or bright daylight
- Adjustable volume alarm can be programmed to sound when food is done or silenced to not wake the neighbors
- Adjustable intake damper to choke down for the smallest pits
- Flexible nylon rope handle makes hanging easy*3
- Complete kit includes integrated blower/controller unit, one of several pit adapters, pit probe, two food probes, and universal input/12VDC output AC/DC adapter
- Virtually unbreakable polycarbonate enclosure resistant to heat and UV rays
- Air delivered via heavy-weight EPDM heat resistant tube (same stuff used in firefighter's SCBAs) - no more bolting blowers to hot cookers only to be melted!
- Polyester graphic overlay with 3M adhesive unaffected by chemicals - or BBQ sauce!
- Pit and food probes are platinum RTD technology - super accurate, do not require calibration and are completely interchangeable - use a food probe as a pit probe if you need to
- Simple and intuitive digital encoder with click-to-select user interface
- Virtual BlowerTM feature indicates blower operation - tells how hard unit is working and when charcoal is nearly extinguished
- Cheat Sheet on back shows parameters available in Program Mode - read the manual once and then all you need is the Cheat Sheet
- Bluetooth LED shows when unit is connected to a Smartphone
- Scan feature cycles through all temperature inputs automatically
- Can run off car cigarette lighter or jump-start box with optional cord*4
*1 See the qSmart page at pitmasterIQ.com for list of supported phones
*2 450' range for optimal, line-of-sight, outdoor communications and will be reduced when indoors or obstacles intervene
*3 Maintain at least 1" air space between IQ130 and cooker to prevent overheating
*4 Cigarette lighter power cord available separately
Here's a table comparing features of the pitmasterIQ IQ130 to the BBQ Guru CyberQ:
We Also Recommend