This is by far my favorite meatloaf or meatball recipe. It works equally well for either, but the meatballs are always a big hit at parties. And you won't believe the smoke ring you get on the meatloaf - it makes beautiful slices!
- 1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 3 lbs. ground beef (fresh ground Wagyu brisket is unbelievable!)
- 2 cup oats
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Smokin' Guns Hot Rub
- Blues Hog BBQ sauce
- Heat the smoker to 250°F.
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients except BBQ sauce.
- Shape into balls the size of golf balls or a loaf.
- Place in one layer in flat pan.
- Add 2 chunks of smoke wood (I like one hickory, one fruitwood).
- Sauce several times during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Smoke 2 to 3 hours until done.
- Serve meatballs covered in BBQ sauce.