- Clean 6 jalapenos of seeds and internal ribs in preparation for stuffing with cheese mixture. It is helpful to do this under running water with a fan blowing the fumes away. This will help save your sinus. Don't forget to wear rubber gloves; if you do, you'll remember next time you rub your eyes! 2
- Chop 3 jalapenos.
- Make a bacon weave at least 12" x 12". It is helpful to work on parchment paper.
- Mix 2 lbs. sausage, chopped jalapenos, and 1 Tbs. sweet rub.
- Roll sausage mixture out between two sheets of parchment paper to approximately the same size as the bacon weave.
- Put the bacon weave and rolled-out sausage, still in parchment paper, in the freezer to stiffen slightly.
- While the bacon and sausage are cooling off, start your grill for indirect cooking at 300˚F.
- Mix 8 oz. softened cream cheese and 1 cup parmesan cheese. Stuff 6 jalapenos with cheese mixture.
- Place stuffed jalapenos on sausage 2 by 2 by 2. Roll sausage over jalapenos and press seams and ends tightly closed to keep juices and cheese inside.
- Roll bacon weave around sausage roll.
- Sprinkle sweet rub all over bacon.
- Add smoke wood to fire. I used 2 chunks of cherry.
- Place on 300˚F smoker for 2-2.5 hours until internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Glaze with favorite glaze or BBQ sauce if desired.
- Let rest for 10 minutes
- Put a bib on, slice and enjoy!